Fundamentals of Evidence Based Dentistry – Comparative Efficacy & Effectiveness Research & Analysis for Practice
Specifically, it will describe and discuss the fundamental elements and approaches in comparative effectiveness and comparative efficacy research and analysis for practice in dentistry.
The course will provide practical examples of where to find the best available evidence, how to read and interpret the best available evidence, and how to incorporate the best available evidence into clinical decision-making.
By discussing real cases and situations, the course intends to enhance the audience’s knowledge, skill and competence in the provision of service to patients of the community in the specific timely area of clinical decision-making for evidence-based dental practice.
- Upon completion, the participant shall be able to distinguish between evidence-based dentistry and dentistry based on the evidence.
- The participant will have a thorough understanding of how and where to access, read and interpret the best available evidence.
- The participant will be able to make clinical decisions for comparing effectiveness or for comparing efficacy of treatment.
- The participant will gain an understanding of the process and protocol of research synthesis, acceptable sampling analysis, and meta-analysis.
- The participant will gain knowledge about where to find, how to obtain, and how to evaluate systematic reviews and evidence reviews.
- The participant will be empowered to make clinical decisions and recommendations for treatment to specifically address effectiveness or patient-centered efficacy concerns.
Note: Only member can download this video. Learn more here!